November 5, 2013

Back to the Art... BATTLESUIT

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for their support on my last blog entry. It means a lot to have the support of so many great people. :) I understand that not everyone will agree with the action I took making it public but I felt that this kind of situation is kept quiet and swept under the rug far too much.  Maybe my actions have closed a couple of doors for me but that's something I'm willing to live with in order to share my experience.

No one can stop me from painting (short of cutting off my hands and feet and sewing my mouth shut).  Speaking of which...

This latest painting is something that I started working on at the beginning of October for a personal project. The idea is that this suit was once used for heavy-lifting and demolition but once Earth was invaded, was re-purposed into a fighting suit. This one is an early model that hasn't been repainted yet and so, is still bright construction machinery yellow.


Will have a edited video of the process for this guy uploaded soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Travis, i'm one of those who shared your last blog entry on facebook, because i have experienced the same thing. And unlike you, i, being an junior amateur illustrator, accepted the project, did my best and ended up being offered more no-budget-projects, and i could just bitching about it among my friends. You're right, these cases are swept under the rug far too much. Thank you for sharing, and i hope none of us ever experienced things like this in the future :)

    ReplyDelete